Sunday, October 29, 2006

Young and slim is beautiful

Saturday morning brought ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ from DGR in deepest darkest Devon so you can guess what I did next. Yes, large mug of tea in hand, and a refill a bit later, I sat down and read SKELLIG by David Almond, cover to cover. By the end my T-shirt was dripping wet and the box of tissues empty. I must be getting soft in my old age. I don't think I want to read any other books by DA for fear of them not living up to this.

Oh I forgot to say, this is a children's book, whateverthat means.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...you get me to pull the book off the shelf...then I read your blog and think I DON'T LIKE BOOKS THAT MAKE ME CRY! So it is going back. Sorry...sure it is a lovely book....but I can't deal with tears with my reading. Still plugging away with "The Voyage Out"...must say I find the section on the island drags a bit....

Kari said...

I ADORE this book. David Almond is a beautiful writer, I have loved everything he has written and bless him for helping my dyslexic son enjoy books again.

And don't worry, other books by DA won't disappoint.

hugs
Kari x