Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yes I am still alive


Life, mainly work, has been so hectic recently but I am still here.
Nothing much made recently apart rom several pairs of socks, including a trial toe-up pair and a real toe-up pair. I appreciate that working this way you won't run out of yarn, you can just stop when you don't have any more. The trouble is that I found it required more brain cells per sock.

Meanwhile, I have actually started to read a book this year, see above. So far I'm up to page 80 and thoroughly enjoying it. My mother-in-law married a younger man very soon after she was widowed, though the great age difference was not as big as in "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian". Some of the comments of the two daughters in the book by Marina Lewycka could have been lifted straight from conversations in our family.

No comments: